The clinicians of Pediatrix Medical Group of Florida provide 24/7 coverage in the recently expanded Level III NICU at the Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Ascension Sacred Heart. As one of Florida’s 11 Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Centers (RPICC) hospitals, physicians and parents across the Gulf Coast depend on the clinical expertise of our NICU team to provide specialized care to premature and critically-ill newborns. Our neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners and developmental specialists collaborate with maternal-fetal medicine specialists and obstetricians, and other subspecialists, therapists and technicians to provide specialized care from before birth through discharge to the infant’s primary care provider.
Our newly expanded 72 bed NICU opened May of 2019, and sees more than 1,000 NICU patients each year. Enhancements include separate floors for the Level III and Level II units, all private rooms and state-of-the-art isolettes, minimizing the need to move babies for tests and procedures.
Important information for parents and family members planning on visiting the NICU.
- All NICU rooms are private, allowing a comfortable environment for mothers to breast feed or pump breast milk.
- Rooming-in is encouraged, parents may stay overnight with their newborn.
- Parents are required to wear an ID Band until the day of discharge.
- Parents and immediate grandparents may visit, but only two visitors per baby can enter at a time.
- Dedicated Quiet Time takes place every shift to promote growth and healing.
- Visitors must remove all jewelry, wash hands and wear a mask prior to entering the NICU. (Parents can discontinue masking after culture results are confirmed negative.)
If your baby arrives prematurely or is critically-ill, our on-site neonatologists are on-hand to provide the specialized care and attention your baby needs. As the Florida Panhandle’s designated Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center (RPICC), our neonatologists are specially equipped to collaborate with the Ascension Sacred Heart Maternity and Women’s Center maternal-fetal specialists and obstetricians to provide additional oversite during C-sections and premature or high-risk deliveries.
Meet Our Clinicians
Our local clinicians are highly trained to meet the individual needs of our patients. Learn about their training, certifications and other credentials by viewing their individual biographies.View Directory